Our Special Events staff serves our sparkling & still wines during our special events, including weddings, private/corporate lunches & dinners and special wine tasting events. This includes set up and break down for special events as well as serve wine and/or food to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets all visitors and provides information about our wines and products to our visitors, including information about the production of sparkling wine and the history of Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards as needed.
- Provides exceptional service to all winery guests.
- Executes event set up including moving tables, wine bar set up and cleaning the area as needed before, during and after the event.
- Serves wine as directed by Event Supervisor.
- May conduct events on & off premise.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food and beverage service experience necessary preferably in the wine industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible scheduling to include weekend, evenings, and split shifts and able to travel for off-site events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Are you an outgoing team player with a passion for wine and people? Do you thrive in a high energy, fast paced environment? If you answered yes to these questions and you have demonstrated success in sales, have excellent customer service skills, and are available to work weekends and holidays, then we want you to join our hospitality team at Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards.
Gloria Ferrer was the first sparkling wine producer in the Carneros region of Sonoma when we opened our doors in 1986, and has been producing award winning sparkling and varietal wines ever since. With the exception of a couple winter months, thousands of visitors come from all over the world to enjoy our sparkling wine on our Vista Terrace, which is surrounded by sweeping views of the Sonoma Valley hills and vineyards.
As a tasting room sales associate you will provide these visitors with exceptional customer service; education about our wine, our history, and the Sonoma Valley region; and tours of our winery. The tasting room sales associate will also provide the visitors with the opportunity to join our wine clubs, as well as take home our award winning wines. All tasting room staff benefit from individual and team incentives based on sales volume and wine club memberships.
The Greeter/Hostess is our first impression to our guest experience responsible for ensuring prompt attention of all guests arriving at the Visitor Center. He/She will ensure courteous and efficient communication of service options including tour details and taking table reservations. The Greeter/Hostess answers incoming calls, provides guests with Sonoma Valley/Wine Country points of interest information and may assist the servers or cashier as needed. This position is for an upbeat multitasker with a calm composure.
Make a person’s day! As part of the Direct to Consumer team, the Customer Sales & Service lead the charge for providing the highest level of customer experience which makes achieving sales goals and member retention a breeze. This role interacts regularly with customers and members via phone (inbound and outbound), in the tasting room (during member visits or events) and via email. The Customer Sales & Service work in partnership with Hospitality, Marketing, and Winemaking teams to facilitate proactive and efficient communication and execution of business plan objectives.
The perfect match:
- You seek a career in a fun and fascinating industry, not just any job will do
- You take pride in providing great service and creating relationships with your customers
- You are passionate about wine, food and hospitality
At Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, the Carneros's most award-winning winery we specialize in sparkling wines as well as Pinot Noir, Chardonnay still wines. We offer challenge and growth in rapidly changing business and agricultural environments. Exceptional individuals who possess a strong work ethic and deep commitment to quality will find a unique internship experience.